Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A slap in the face.

You know how when you realize something that seems so obvious it's like a slap in the face? Well, this weekend I got a slap in the face... in a good way.

What does it take to be who you want to be?

First, I hung out with my friend Matt at Malibu Wine for his birthday.  So amazing... Here's a little video of the place.



Anyway, I love hanging out with Matt because he's Mr. Goal Setter.  He believes in setting goals and going after them.  He has a team of people who help inspire and support him.  That's awesome.

Then, off to hang out with Jill.  (You should remember Jill from triathlon training and Europe.) Hanging out with Jill is like getting a boost of "do what it takes to succeed".  Jill is the hardest worker I know.  I'm so impressed by her work ethic and her talent.

Then, I headed home and watch the Pixar Story.  And something I realized is in every huge success story there is a moment of luck.  I have no idea how to get that luck, but here's what I have learned:

I'm going to surround myself with people who love me, work my butt off, and just wait for the moment of luck.  If the luck doesn't show up, I know that I have done my best and that's all I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment