Wednesday, February 23, 2011

To pirate or not to pirate...

Today I literally had to make myself not be a hypocrite.  I tell everyone everywhere that it is better to try and fail than to not try at all.  Today I was tested.

They were auditioning for pirates at Disneyland today.  I was feeling so insecure about it because my pirate accent isn't top notch... I mean really, who's is?

Anyway, I had to work at apple just before the audition and got stuck helping a customer.  I thought "Perfect! Now that I'm late, I have an excuse to not go."  But here's the thing... it was just an excuse.  The only way to truly try and fail is to actually try.

I had so many excuses to not go.  I was late, I was still wearing my apple clothes, I had no make up, I wasn't sure I had my Disney ID, I didn't know what I would have to do at the audition...   but I could not be that girl.  I could not be the person to turn around just because of insecurity.  If I didn't get this job, it was because I didn't deserve, not because I didn't try.

I raced to the audition.  I got there very very late and they kindly saw me anyway.  However, by the time I auditioned everyone else had gone home.  I was all alone (talk about intimidating).  But I tried and I did my best.

I don't know if I got it or not, but at least I know I tried.  I refuse to let fear rule my decisions.

1 comment:

  1. Argh... I totally thought this was about your temptation to pirate music or something. lol. I hope you get the part. You are insanely talented! And would's make one mighty fine wench! And then, they'll all be vying for your booty.

    :) Smile.

    ReplyDelete