Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A whole lot of not boring.

Last Sunday I went camping... Well, if that's what you want to call it.

We slept in a tent, we built a fire, we ate smores... it sounds like we went camping.

However... we were right next to a busy highway, and there were cop helicopters circling and there was electrical outlets at every campsite.  It was just bizarre.  It was the ultimate way to camp without camping.  It was ridiculous.

But, do you know what I was not doing?  I was not sitting at home in front of my TV or computer.  I was not lazy on the couch.  I was not channel surfing for no reason.  I was not waisting my time.

I was creating a fire with wood, paper plates and junk.   I was putting up tents and laughing.  I was spending quality time with Gina without the distraction of a coffee shop or a movie theater.

We went kayaking.  Gina played her ukulele while riding a surrey.

It might have been ridiculous, but it was also a whole lot of fun and a whole lot of not boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment