Friday, September 16, 2011

A Full, Amazing Life

One of my favorite things in the world is when I have middle of the night rehearsals at Disneyland.  There's nothing like it.


There is hustle and bustle all around you.  The horticulture guys are replanting plants, the custodial staff is hosing down the streets, there are jackhammers fixing the streets, but every now and then there are these moments of magic.


Last night at 1:30am, I was walking toward Small World by the Matterhorn.  It was still and silent and the newly cleaned ground sparkled with the reflection of Small World.  I just stopped and took it in.   A beautiful silent moment at Disneyland.  Who gets to do this?  Me.


It wasn't long before merchandise carts were zooming by me and painters were honking as they drove over the cleaning hoses, but for just a few moments it was just me and Disneyland.  So perfect.


I think it would be really easy to pass by these moments without noticing, but I refuse.  I will take in these moments and realize what an amazing life I have.  Whether I'm dealing with heartache or car accidents or the loss of a friend, there are still amazing moments in the middle and I will appreciate it and I will live life to the fullest.


"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." John 10:10


The best I could do with my iPhone :)

1 comment:

  1. Liz,

    I love reading your blog. It's very encouraging to me especially now that I'm single again. You're a woman gifted with wonder and adventure. Stay that way in Christ.

    Hugs,
    Carol Harris

    ReplyDelete