Friday, September 9, 2011

Do you know how fast you were going?

Yes, i did get pulled over for speeding on my rollerblades.

Apparently, the speed limit is 8 miles an hour on rollerblades and yes, the cops used A RADAR GUN to track my speed.  I wasn't even trying to go fast, I was just cruising along.  I mean seriously, how bored are the police in Newport?

I didn't get a ticket but I did get a stern finger wiggle and warning.  I mean, I didn't even have an ID on me.  I could have just said my name is Slafen Bockenflander...

Anyway, a lot of people witnessed this event and enjoyed yelling funny things like "SLOW DOWN YOU SPEED DEMON"  and jokingly wiggling their fingers at me as I passed them later on.  As I passed one guy he yelled "COPS ARE BASTARDS!"  I don't agree with him, but I appreciate his support :)

Only in the life of Liz Hetzel.

4 comments:

  1. So, how fast WERE you going?
    The Tustin cops stopped my husband for speeding on his bike... back when he was in 6th grade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently, I was going 11. And I love "...back when he was in 6th grade!" Hahaha.

      Delete
  2. If you were just cruising, I could only imagine what 8 mph is like. That must be really slow.

    ReplyDelete